WVUB Production Manager – Vincennes, IN
Vincennes University is seeking applicants for the position of Production Manager for WVUB radio. This position is a full-time support staff position with benefits.
The Production Manager works closely with the General Manager and the Program Director to create the overall sound and image of the station across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines and be able to exercise sound judgment in decision making. This person will be organized and results oriented with the ability to work with and through others to accomplish common goals.
This position reports to the WVUB General Manager and the Director of Operations.
Responsibilities of the position are:
- Oversee the production and insertion of all advertising campaigns including local, regional, national and barter ads.
- Produce and host on-air programs as designated by the General Manager.
- Create and execute best practices for the Production Department.
- Work with Director of Underwriting and Traffic department to ensure underwriting announcements air as scheduled and meet underwriting guidelines.
- Write and produce promotional and underwriting on-air copy.
- Write and produce content for station website and social media platforms.
- Participate in regular meetings with the General Manager along with Director of Underwriting, Program Director and other staff as needed.
- Work with students, faculty, and media partners as directed.
- Maintain a positive attitude to ensure great relations with our staff, listeners, and clients.
- Participate in remote broadcasts and other station promotions and events.
- Occasional nights and weekends required.
- Other station tasks as needed as assigned by the General Manager.
Successful candidates will have:
- Associates Degree in Broadcasting/Media, or related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of all applicable FCC rules and regulations.
- Ability to use common broadcast equipment.
- Must hold a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds when reaching overhead, bending and twisting.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth, rapidly changing culture and environment.
Additional qualifications preferred.
- Working knowledge of Wide Orbit or similar radio automation software.
- Work experience in a radio broadcast environment.
- Ability to relate to the audience and have a strong listener interaction.
- Experience working with remote broadcast equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and similar products.
- Familiarity with Adobe, PowerPoint, and WordPress.
- Excellent customer service skills with attention to details.
Candidate will be eligible for most benefits available to a full-time employee of Vincennes University. More information can be found by visiting the Benefits page of the VU website: http://vinu.edu/human-resources.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants should submit a VU application, cover letter, and resume including contact information for three references to Human Resources by email at email@example.com or mail to Vincennes University, Human Resources, 1002 North First Street, Vincennes, IN 47591.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Interviews may be held concurrently with the advertising period.
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Vincennes University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.